Your financial plan will be a living breathing plan that will change as you need it to change.
Have your ongoing planning done by a fee-only Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) who will know you, your family, and your goals.
We believe financial planning should be at the core of our relationship and tie directly to your investment portfolio and necessary return:
- Planning at your pace – We are a voice to help you articulate, document, and stay on track toward your financial goals.
- Stay organized – We provide an electronic client vault for important financial documents and we will periodically add customized information there for you.
- Keep Up to date – We will provide access to your accounts through an app dashboard to make it easy and convenient. In addition, we provide you with timely updates on economic data and potential changes to your tax situation.
Integrated Financial Services model
We believe that it may involve a combination of financial coaching, traditional financial planning, and financial therapy by looking at the interior and exterior aspects of the past present and future. Through financial coaching we can help you envision and create the future that you desire. The financial planning process involves the physical roadmap. Financial therapy can involve the present and future, but has its roots in the past. For our purposes, we may be looking at how current behaviors affect financial health while understanding and addressing that experiences and emotions from the past may affect the financial behaviors and choices made in the present.
*Klontz, B., Kahler, R., & Klontz, T. (2008). Facilitating Financial Health. Cincinnati, OH: The National Underwriter Company.
Your financial planning should be comprehensive,
understandable, and actionable.
understandable, and actionable.
Specifically, our traditional (present and exterior) planning with you may involve the following:
*Click on a title below to expand / view
Net Worth & Cash Flow
- Assess present financial position and methods to maximize your financial position
- Apply reasonable rate(s) of return and inflation to determine the future growth and purchasing power of your money and the risk level and return needed to achieve your goals
- Estimate income tax owed and project income tax burden in future years
- Illustrate and provide tax minimization strategies to prepare for future changes in our federal income tax legislation that could negatively impact a client’s tax situation.
- Ensure withholding requirements are met
- Examine current debt position relative to net worth and income, if appropriate debt vehicles are being used, and make recommendations to reduce the cost of debt
- Shop lenders for improved terms
Compensation and Benefits Analysis
- Analysis of corporate life, health, and long-term care insurance
- Stock option analysis
- Concentrated stock position solutions
- Review of qualified and nonqualified plan contributions levels
- Withholding analysis
- Review college funding and savings needs and provide tax efficient solutions
Retirement/Financial Independence Planning
- Determine the probability of continuous financial independence at your desired retirement age by analyzing the “success rate” of a Monte Carlo Stress Test simulation and sustainable withdrawal rate analysis
- Distribution Planning
Risk Management/Asset Protection
- Determine the appropriate liquidity fund needed
- Examine life and disability coverage to provide for dependents/household members and/or business partners
- Review all insurance (e.g., long-term care, auto, homeowners, umbrella) to ensure sufficient coverage and cost efficiency based upon your goals and objectives
- Review and make recommendations regarding business entity structure
Estate Planning (The Estate Blueprint to Ensure Your Legacy)
- Examination of wills, trusts, powers of attorney and other estate documents to ensure they are current and reflect your intentions
- Analysis of short and long-term estate tax projections
- Analysis of appropriate planning techniques to minimize estate taxes and provide recommendations regarding estate compression and leveraging techniques to protect and enhance your family’s wealth and ensure the necessary liquidity
- Address short and long-term gifting and philanthropic objectives and resulting strategies
- Address beneficiary designations
- Address values and expectations around money being passed to the next generation
- Goal and values inventory and help articulating annual personal and financial goals
- Goal monitoring and feedback
Watch a short video from Chief Financial Planning Officer Heather Lawrence